We use only the best leather, made to stand the test of time. Handcrafted by expert artisans all over the world, our leather goods deserve to be treated with care.
Protect your investment with specially formulated leather care products to ensure the life of your leather collection.
MAINTAINING YOUR LEATHER
Maintain your favorite leather pieces regularly to ensure soft and supple leather. Leather can be cleaned and restored with leather care products designed to clean, condition and protect.
Leather Care can help maintain your product longer. We recommend conditioning your leather at a minimum of every 3 months. If you are in a dryer (hot or cold) climate please condition your product as soon as it feels less supple, dull or faded.
Vegetable tanned leather when conditioned should feel slightly oiled and look rich. Similar to the nature of skin it needs to be moisturized as soon as it feels dry.
Tips & Tricks
Never wash your leather bag in the washing machine.
- Keep cosmetics inside a pouch or small case. Cap all pens and anything that might leak on the leather.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits. We recommend OLKEZ Leather Care products, specially formulated to extend the life and preserve the natural beauty of the leather
- .Store leather bags properly when not in use; keep out of direct sunlight and in low humidity as sunlight fades and dries leather.
- If the leather gets wet, absorb as much water as possible with a thick hand towel and then air dry.
1. The leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils; handle with clean hands. Repeat every 3 months or as needed to clean, condition and protect leather goods from soiling and water spots.
2. Apply a cleaner made specifically for the leather needing maintenance. We recommend using our All-In-One Leather Solution.
3.Using a soft cotton cloth, apply approximately 1 oz. of the solution all over the leather.
4. Allow the leather to dry for at least 12 hours away from sunlight and heat.
5. When dry, buff the leather with a soft cotton cloth using a circular motion.
Finish drying. How to Preserve Leather & Repel Water:
- Condition leather once a year to repel water and keep leather soft.
- Dampen a soft cotton cloth with warm water.
- Warm the leather with a hair dryer on low for 30 seconds
- Apply Mink Oil Crème, including the strap and all seams and stitching.
- Allow leather to dry for 12 hours away from sunlight and heat.
- Apply a second coat for additional weather protection.
REMOVING SCRATCHES & SPOTS:
HOW TO REDUCE SCRATCHES:
- Leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils; handle with clean hands.
- Locate the scratch or spot on the leather goods
- Using the oils from your hands, bend and work the spot back and forth over the scratch and marks.
- Continue as needed working the leather. The scratch will continue to disappear over time.
HOW TO REMOVE SPOTS:
1. Remove spots as soon as they appear; don’t let it sit on the leather too long.
2. Use a baby wipe and fold it in half. Do not use wipes that contain alcohol, dyes or fragrance.
3. Place your hand on the opposite side of the stain and wipe away, cleaning the spot and surrounding area.
4. Rub with moderate pressure to remove the stain; using too much force may discolor the leather.
Taking care of the fabric will help ensure the life of your leather goods. Every OLKEZ piece is designed with leather. When maintaining the fabric on your leather goods, be careful to never get the leather wet as it will discolor, wrinkle or crock.
HOW TO CLEAN COTTON CANVAS, WOOL, AND RAW SILK:
Using a soft-bristled brush, gently brush the canvas using a circular motion.
2. If the spot remains, dab gently using a soft cotton cloth with warm water without any detergent.
3. Allow the spot to dry.
4. If the spot still remains, use a mild detergent with a mild concentration (such as Woolite) and spot clean again; use a soft cotton cloth with the mild detergent solution and dab gently.
Note: We recommend performing a test in a hidden place to ensure the detergent will not alter the color of the fabric.
5. If the spot still remains, please contact our Customer Service.
Did you find some great tips on how to care for your leather product?
do you any tips to add and how are you implementing them?
Let us know in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!